Veterans Day 2020
*** Click Here to watch the 5th Grade Program
9:30 am on Wednesday, November 11th
Hello East Elementary Families -
Attached you will find the final update for procedures at East Elementary. Please see the document with information about day to day procedures. You will notice some of this information has already been shared and some will be new.
We are excited to start seeing the students in the next two days. Open house information can be found below. As you enter the building, each individual will need to wear a mask and to have their temperature checked. Doors A2, A4, and B1 will be unlocked for families in grades 1-5 to enter tonight. Preschool and Kindergarten families should use door A2, the main office door to come to their appointments on Tuesday, September 1.
We are better together!
Hello East Elementary Families -
As we prepare for students to return to the building next week, we want you to have some additional information about what to expect every day. First, we will start with arriving at East in the mornings and dismissal at the end of the school day.
*Students, Staff, and Visitors will be screened according to the current screening requirements.
– In the morning when students arrive, they will have their temperature taken, sanitize their hands, and sit in an assigned location by homeroom.
– Door B1 will be open for students eating breakfast at 7:30 am.
– Doors will be open for all other students at 7:35 am. Please drop-off your child(ren) at the appropriate door. Make sure to use the loading zones and drive from south to north on O Street and west to east on 18th Street so you can drop your child off at the curb, instead of having them cross traffic.
– Door A2 (Main Office Doors) - Preschool, Kindergarten, 4th, and 5th grade students
– Door B1 (Main North Door) - Students eating breakfast, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade students.
– Buses will drop off students at Door A2 and Door B1 according to grade level.
*After 8:00 am, all entry will be through the main office doors, A2.
*Grade levels will be dismissed from their designated door one classroom at a time at 3:30.
– Preschool - A1
– Kindergarten - A2
– 1st Grade - A3
– 2nd Grade - A4
– 3rd Grade - B1
– 4th Grade - D3
– 5th Grade - D3
*Prior to classroom dismissal, students riding the bus or attending BASP will be dismissed.
*Buses will line up outside of Door A4.
*Parents making changes regarding their child riding the bus, please contact the office by 3:00 pm to ensure the message is relayed to the classroom in time for dismissal.
We are doing our best to make sure we provide a safe and inviting environment for our students! Click on the link for a video Mrs. Mahin prepared this week to show how temperatures will be taken and many different spaces within the building.
One last update will come tomorrow.
Remember, we are better together!
Hello East Families!
Thank you for your patience and grace as we move forward with our plan to reopen. We are very excited to see students this fall!
East Elementary will have an Open House this year, but it will look a little different than it has in the past.
Class lists will be posted on the main office doors, doors A2, at 5:00 pm today, Wednesday, August 26th.
Be looking for more information tomorrow about the East Elementary Reopening Plan.